View Single Post
Old 02-19-13, 07:05 AM   #29
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post

OSMI looks good, but is quite restricted in what and where it delivers, but again has some good mods, I believe.
Originally it had just one base track in Spandau 1989, but it got tremendously pushed in modded tracks available. I have collected some, but at one time stopped to follow it, since more and more tracks came out that needed more and more additional mods for traffic signs, graphics and other stuff. Maybe I have grown to old for this modding kind of business, I don't know. But from what I see, the sim really shines in number of very well done available tracks now.

A favourite added track of mine is Kulmnock, its is absollutely lovely ,and very well done. Duesburg also is nice. I think today there are even better ones.

A new version of OMSI will come this year. It features flex busses, and allows to switch between Spandau in various, at least two, time stages: before and after the wall came down. Some changes in those early years are very big, with whole railroad stations deleted and huge buildings added elsewhere (Spandau Arkaden as an example).

But first and foremost, it is about the experience to drive and manage a bus, and that is where OMSI delivers, with many bus models by default and in modded supplements, and it delivers with flying colours. The sound to me still ranks in the benchmark category of all simulation stuff, no matter the genre. I still could swear that I am listening to sounds from reality around me. Driving alone deep in the night in a silent outskirt of Berlin, with snow and heavy weather, makes you react emotionally to the sim. Not many simulations achieve such that with me.