View Single Post
Old 02-19-13, 06:37 AM   #28
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I first saw this thread and my first thought was "Wow....something more boring than Microsoft Train Simulator"

Next, I read the thread and a driving simulation might not be that bad...just the fact that you are a trucker....

Lastly, I see that the driving physics are sub-par? Wow...That just killed any spark of interest I had in this game...
Not wanting to distract from the threads original title, just briefly:

Try OMSI. One of the best simulations of a "moving platform" (air-land-sea) that I know. Feels incredibly real, the sounds I cannot differ form reality (I know those busses, I lived in Berlin when those things rolled there), the feeling to actually drive something that big is very convincing. Braking, accelerating, gear changes - all like I experienced it in reality 25 years ago. Interface a bitr rough around the edges, but one gets used to it. Many modded maps available also. New version with flex busses coming this year. Many videos on youtube, quality of maps shown there varies.

I also tried, longer time ago, Bus and Cable Car Simulator San Francisco.

LINK

Big shame. All that nice modelling of a very big city, and then ruining it with that crappy gameplay and bad driving model. Some developers, so I sometimes think, do their design work while being on drugs.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-19-13 at 06:55 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote