Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 12-18-12, 11:19 PM   #37
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I couldn't agree with you more if I tried Skybird. There have been numerous disasterous attempts to 'manage' nature in this country, and around the world. From introducing Myxomatosis to rabbits in Australia, to culling falcons in the UK in order to try and help the sparrow population to grow. Man never knows the balance like nature does, it's a self-regulating machine and every time we interact with it, we break it.

In regards to hunting being a more American thing...nonsense. It's very popular around the whole of Europe and is a way of life in parts of Russia. However, Skybird is again right in that for most people in the UK it involves copious amounts of alcohol from hip flasks, a shotgun and a very docile bird...which they usually miss because they're so drunk. That is not hunting, there is very little skill involved in it, and it's primarily for rich merchant bankers to get together and get drunk whilst maintaining their air of richness since it's primarily a 'sport' that rich and upper class people do, whilst the lower classes go and act as 'beaters' (disturbing the game birds so they fly up into the sights of the shotguns). Proper hunting, the likes of which this game simulates, is a relatively rare thing and has declined over the years as tougher laws on what can be shot have come in, because of overhunting.

I too have heard about the hunting website nonsense, and am glad that the site in question has shut down, however, sadly, I am sure that there are others.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote