Old 05-21-12, 04:28 PM   #126
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Default I hope you're still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker View Post
Wel, technically, until you start a career and do that, there would be no game save file (only a saved files folder, which is what you choose in RSM). Under the circumstances you specified above, there would no need to use a save file for the "prepare" function, anyway. The radio portion of the game handles the date just fine for new careers and "in-port" saves. It's just the mid patrol saves that have a problem with events replaying. For in-port saves, RSM does the same thing as if you selected "New career" when you did your "prepare".
I hope you're still around - its been quite awhile since the last posting on RadioStationManager. I used your mod way back from v1.0, and liked it alot. I have to start a 'New Career' since I just upgraded to TMO2.5 . I'll be adding a couple of stations as I'm getting tired of listening to the default music loop between the News broadcasts on the Washington station. Much more fun to listen to Inner Sanctum or The Shadow during some of the 'endless' patrols, like 'as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean'.

I will be using a SaveGame from my current mid-patrol before starting a New Career for testing. If all goes well, I plan to delete the My Documents\SH4 folder to eliminate any residual info since TMO makes significant changes to the NSS_Gato.ups file that is not picked up in the saved games.

One of my new stations will be 'Radio Mystery Theater'. The Events sub-folder contains programs like 'Inner Sanctum', 'The Shadow', etc., enough 30 minute programs to change weekly on the 1st, 7th, 15th and 22nd at about 18:00. Configuring the events.ini file for the gamesave should remark out all events occurring before the save date, and start playing for the correct time/date.

When finished playing the 30 minute program, will I only receive static, default music, nothing at all, or get a re-play until the next date on that station?

After I delete the 'My Documents\SH4' folder, should I re-configure all the stations to the 'New Career' status?

Answers will be helpful, but I will understand if you are no longer around.

Good Hunting