View Single Post
Old 03-11-20, 09:11 AM   #9
ironkross
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It is probably actually the v1.3 of the SH4 game from Steam that they have ETR3(SS). Steam has a little "gotcha" in that the v1.5 of the game is actually a Uboat Missions Add-on, so a player has to purchase the v1.3 of the game, and the v1.5 add-on, installing both, in order to run the v1.5 of the game...it's like 2008 all over again - Ground Hog Day, etc... In either case, a Steam player like ironkross has to be careful not to install the game into the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter..." folder structure, and like the other versions of the game, install it into a folder of their own creation and naming, that is outside of the Windows' protection racket of a "Program Files" folder structure. In Steam, this entails creating a new "Steam Library" folder, as per Moving a Steam Installation and Games on the Steam Support site. Also, when re-installing the Steam game, a player has to make certain that the "DirectX v9.0c" and "Windows Media Codecs" are also installed, along with the Steam game, else you will not get a window for it to run in... The v1.3 of the game is basically useless to a player, and there are very few mods made for it, but is necessary to have so that the Uboats v1.5 will run, especially if a player wants to add mods to the game, since most of them are made for v1.5 only...
Thanks, yes this is correct. I was incorrectly referring to 1.4 when I should have said v1.3.
I had to buy the basic SH4 on Steam before I could run SH4 Uboat missions(aka v1.5). I actually had v1.5 on DVD but could not get it to run on my Windows10 pc so Steam was my only recourse. At least it was on sale.