View Single Post
Old 08-07-13, 12:20 AM   #4400
Neugeniko
Watch

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

Hey all,

I just started a new campaign. Its been a while since i have played, years in fact. My first patrol was uneventful, peace time. I took the time to get to familiarize myself with GWX/OLC/ACM Reloaded and the two new exe patches. And run simulated firing solutions on passing ships.

My second patrol was a lot of fun. I patrolled WSW of England along convoy routes into Bristol. The first ship sunk was a tramp steamer, a magnetic shot in bad weather.

I received a map contact for a large convoy just 80 km away; looks like it was heading into Bristol. At 11 pm I positioned myself between the first column and the second. I planned to fire on three targets. Stern torpedo to a ore carrier in the first column, 2 bow torpedoes to a large merchant in column 3 and 2 bow torpedoes to a large merchant in column 4. That all changed as I realized the HMS Hood was in column 3! All 4 bow torpedoes on the Hood! As soon as all torpedoes were fired I dove for 100 m and crawled out at 2 kt silent running. Some time later i got the message that the ore carrier had sunk, no word on the Hood.

Setting up for my second attack at 3 am. I lined up the Hood again and a Large Merchant to the rear. The Hood was on fire, I wasn't going to let her get away. Four more torpedoes were sent her way, and soon she was down along with the large merchant. \o/

Having 2 bow torpedoes left i sent them into a Large Merchant on the third attack at 7 am.

All up about 70 k tons sunk. One torpedo left in the rear reserve, but after a successful convoy attack like this I decided to head home. Passing through the English channel again was sure to exhaust my still green crew.

Neug
Neugeniko is offline   Reply With Quote