View Single Post
Old 06-09-20, 07:16 AM   #13
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0

@Marcus.

I understand your frustration, you have an idea that in your mind it might or should be very good etc, yet if you divulge it openly someone else with more know how or better contacts steals your idea, so you are in a tricky situation.

I once had an idea when I was working, I divulged it to a manager and he implemented it but claimed it as his idea, at the time there was a reward system for anyone who had a cost saving idea got a bonus, course he got the bonus.
When I approached him about it he denied I had ever told him and said he had this idea for a while, I couldn't believe he could keep a straight face and say this, but then how could I prove it, nobody else overheard our first conversation nor had I told anyone else about my idea.

In the UK there is or was a TV program where people could go on and tell their idea to a panel of experts who analyse their idea and if they think it is good they back the idea and help get it off the ground, you may need to look for something like this.

I remember my Grandad once telling me he had an idea where he worked for some kind of engineering bench, he passed it on to his foreman who said it wouldn't be any good.
anyway about a year later after he had left that company he bumped in to an old workmate who told him that foreman got a nice payout for inventing a new type of workbench, my Grandad was gob smacked, it was his idea!

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote