View Single Post
Old 08-23-12, 01:58 PM   #12
StarTrekMike
Navy Dude

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
SH5? Cliffs of Dover? Ghost Recon Future Soldier? AssCreed 3? Far Cry 3? Those games are as hardcore as they come.
SH5 was released and then swiftly abandoned, almost like they were keen to make it and than just kinda lost interest half way through (don't get me wrong, I love the game but only after extensive modding).

Cliffs of Dover was rushed out the door by Ubi, even though Maddox was not even close to being done with it, again, it seems like Ubi was just kinda done making games like that and wanted to clear out the remaining loose ends.

Ghost recon future soldier was a joke, it was a spit on the face to any fan that has stuck with the franchise since the beginning, it is a arcade shooter for the casual market at best and probably will be dropped in favor of Ghost Recon online.

Assassins creed 3, well, that will hopefully be a good game but it was never hardcore in the same way a subsim or a flight sim is hardcore, it is built for a diverse market and while it is a very good franchise, it is not very complicated and pretty easy to make once you have all the tools nailed down.

Far cry 3 looks like another shooter, I mean, it looks good but it is just another shooter.

Ubisoft has spoken at length about how it has all but abandoned conventional games and now is going to move to service based gaming (F2P style internet games).

I would not expect Ubisoft to invest the needed man hours and research that is needed to make a good, solid simulator, it is a difficult genre for them to stay in because they are simply not willing to produce products that have the level of quality that we all expect, SHO is a good indication that they are just telling us to move on and forget about any future Silent Hunter title that lives up to it's name.

Sorry for being so negative but that is how it looks on my end.