View Single Post
Old 07-25-20, 12:42 PM   #5023
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Strange glitch I run across sometimes, ships "placed on water" instead of IN the water.

Sometimes I get those, and they ride so high a torpedo set for 10 feet scoots right underneath, have to set for 5 feet to actually hit the bottom. Only happens occasionally, no explanation ever found.

Today I had the opposite. Attacked a task force with 5 BBs, 2 in one column 3 in the other. Being close to a resupply base I took the closest column of 3, expended all torpedoes and sank all three, leaving two undamaged following a light cruiser. Charged off to the resupply base and reloaded torpedoes, losing contact with the remainder of the formation. Plotted an intercept course and regained contact, ran ahead and submerged.

Shifted to outside view, and on inspection found the two remaining BBs - which I never even fired at - running low in the water, decks awash, small fires on the superstructure, making the creaking groaning breakup noises.
Sank both with two torpedoes each. Very weird glitch, that the two ships that were undamaged somehow got severely damaged after I lost contact. Didn't affect the light cruiser.

Encountered this as well on last patrol. Running TMO. Had a convoy running coast of Palawan in October 44 and after my initial attack and end around, when I reestablished contact, noticed some ships lagging behind and eventually stationary. When got close enough to look, they were on the water, not in it. Prop was out of water or not all the way in.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote