View Single Post
Old 12-16-21, 01:20 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpro090 View Post
I really appreciate your answer. To be honest, which mod is more beginner friendly?
You are welcome.

I agree Kaleun Marco, would not describe either as beginner friendly. I will give you the advice I gave a friend who has recently (forgive the pun) dove into SH 4, but wanted to go to mods right away. Run at minimum three to four patrols in just the stock game, operate in different periods of war, different boats, to get a feel for the sim, its pros, and glaring shortcomings. Then try something like Game Fixes Only (GFO) which corrects some glaring issues. After that, proceed to FOTRS and TMO. For TMO, try the original TMO 2.5, then go for my TMO 2.5 Update and I must emphasize...read the README files.

This way, you see the differences, the change in experiences of gameplay , the graphics, audio, etc. and understand them.

Somewhat time consuming but worth it. I would say that SH 4 with mods remains the best subsim out there today and still so much on the horizon thanks to this community. Interiors of US submarines for example are already present, eventually will be fully modeled interiors from what I understand.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote