View Single Post
Old 11-26-23, 01:31 PM   #51
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

21 March 1942

Karimata Strait
Intense ASW patrols are starting to pay off; we got multiple hits on the KXV including some really solid ones. Not good enough to sink her outright, but it's a long way from here to Perth or Colombo.

Solomons/SOPAC
USS Gato took a bit of a beating from the destroyer Danae off the west side of Guadalcanal.

The KB has arrived in Truk and has replaced its aircraft losses. I'm disbanding them for some well-deserved rest and maintenance.

Java
We captured Batavia. That's the last major base on Java, it's all just mopping up from here. As for mopping up, 3 broken enemy units surrendered at Soerakarta.

China
I did a probing bombardment of Sian, the result of which was a rather effective counterbattery strike that cost me 6 squads and a gun. I've got about 1.25x their assault value here, which isn't great but should be OK for a clear hex, plus I've got a bit of armor and 2 more divisions on the road, the last of which should be here in about 4 days. I'm moving as many bombers as I can into this area and moving around aviation support to be able to sustain that. The open territory is going to make bombing highly effective, and we obviously need it.

India
I laid a minefield in Karachi.