Old 10-18-10, 05:08 PM   #30
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Well, the google info site says this:

So that's not a report to google, google found something here themselves. I'm thinking someone uploaded something that was infected to the Downloads section. In any case, Neal or another webmaster should probably get in touch with Google and get all the details straight from them. If there are infected files here they probably created a record of that.
Could be anything heck even some hacker who exploited the web weakness. My own blog for example, once and just once, tried to download virus when I was logged in to it. .
A more popular political blog on the other hand suffered from more hacker attack which tried to steal email password and login detail when one tried to comment on it. It wasn't the blog owner's fault nor was it the blog site's fault. Some hackers must be the one(s) to put the malware(clickjacking attempt) in it.

I have two AV which don't report anything suspicious when I logged to subsim ever.

I hope this will not discourage the teenager or kids out there who are regular visitors to the forum.