View Single Post
Old 01-16-22, 01:57 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
In TMO Update ? Remember, there are submerged AI submarines which can fire torpedoes lurking about the ocean and can be difficult to detect.
yes, this did happen playing TMO_BH.

and yes, there are IJN subs which can fire torpedoes (i've detected them in the past as were cruising to/from our patrol zone), and i gave that aspect serious thought, and that is why i saved with a replay. thank you for reinforcing my decision track.

we were cruising on the surface with limited visibility. the enemy sub would have had to have been incredibly close aboard. if we were attacked by an IJN torpedo, the torpedo would have sunk us. there would have been widespread equipment and personnel damage.

however, there was not widespread damage: 97% hull damage, some battery damage, and some topside equipment damage but not one crewman was wounded. this is a strange mixture of damage and not-damage. and that is why i saved with a replay so i could go back and discover what caused this odd set of results.

unfortunately, upon replaying, SH4 did not show the actual event so there is no post-mission analysis.

i restarted that mission from port and followed, as best i could, the same path as the one in which we had the aforementioned experience. sadly, the experience was not repeated.

oh well. best not to wallow in our misery. let's just press on.

BH, PLEASE keep in mind that this has nothing to do with your excellent adaptation of TMO 2.5. it relates to SH4 and the Replay Function. we've seen specious and unexpected damage in the past so it is not your mod-set in question.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote