View Single Post
Old 08-18-22, 12:09 PM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Already been done imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Hase View Post
"Das Boot" has made him literally immortal. He also made other great movies of course. "Troy" was awesome imo. But the series(!) "Das Boot" is a milestone in German Moviemaking next to "Der Untergang". Some years ago I had contacted him and asked him to make the ultimate new movie about the "Bismarck". Now he has gone it would only be Cameron left to do that. Anyway - R.I.P. Wolfgang and "vielen Dank für alles"! "AchtungBBY!"
1960's Sink the Bismark is still pretty tough to top! Particularly with actors Carl Möhner as Captain Lindemann, and Karel Štěpánek as Admiral Lutiens! Based on C.S. Forrester's Last NineDays of the Bismark it was well received and a surprise hit in North America.I actually like the black and white format...and the focus on "backroom planners" as well as the combatants.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-18-22 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Dates names puctuation
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote