View Single Post
Old 05-02-11, 04:25 AM   #48
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Skybird, if you haven't yet, definitely buy the A-10. You don't require internet to play (only to activate once, then no need to activate again unless you format pc). The "internet required" statement only referred to multiplayer. And as flightsims go, this one has to be the best yet. Even with starforce, I still recommend buying from the devs site, not steam, as updates will take time to reach steam. A DVD version should be available soon.

I tried Rise of Flight last night (demo). Not for me... The A-10 has definitely spoiled me. I've loved the A-10 plane since I first saw a picture of it, I think it's the best looking plane in history. But I never knew it was such a splendid air to ground platform. I mean ok, I knew from TV, but it's a complete shock when you actually fly it. And the main part of the game is Close Air Support, which is done completely different than in any other sim so far. It's impossible to describe just how fun it is to do patrols. But be prepared to spend a week going through the manual and training missions.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote