View Single Post
Old 12-17-07, 02:32 PM   #1552
Charlielima
Gunner

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default First Successfull Patrol

War patrol out of Manila. Intercept invasion force. S-42 boat. Mk-10 fish. Transited up the west coast to the north for our objective. Contact. A pesky DD. Hmm. check those out. Cruisers? 2 or 3 more? The 1st 2 are BBs. XO, Chief. Check this sierra out. Skipper we are 2/3ds of the way to our objective. Our mission is to engage the IJN. They are not the invasion force. Its a task force. Just so. That TF is going south, my stuff is in Manilla. Most of the crew re upped to be in the Phillipines. Its thier home. Skipper? Those guns can take out that bar and that hot number there I know is the best thing in your life with 1 shot. Periscope depth. Kongo or Ise? We can figure it out but I don't want the scope showing much. They can't see us from here. Yah I know this is my first war and you? Set tubes 1 and 3 to 15ft and 2 and 4 to 20ft. Range 900 yards. Fire 1, 2. Loose! Fire 3. Loose! Scope down. Fall off. Torpedo impact, 2nd, 3rd, Up scope. She's listing, slowed to 7 kts and has fire. Will she sink? Should we put #4 in another BB? Lets insure the first BBs misfortune. Fire 4. Loose! Down scope. Impact. She'rolling over. Let the boys each have a peek in the scope. Sonar guys say no thanks. They heard the result. Torpedo guys turn down also. They're loading the fish in the tubes. 4 shots with no duds and capital ship going down is enough for them. We will get a picture.Huh skip? Take boat down. see if we can get below the layer. No layer. Rig for silent running. 1 or 2 pesky DDs start working us with sonar and depth charges. Quite tenacious but clueless to our location. Transited up to patrol location. No joy. Only a pesky DD. While monitering DD detected merchant / passenger type targets. 1 fish per target. All hits with the diserable result. Invasion force politely waiting for direction on how to invade the Phillipines from thier mooring on the bottom of the sea. Details on request. Morale High. Directed Officers, Chiefs, and LPOs for leadership session in wardroom. While consuming cigars and contraband, coached group that thier life in the PI was over, and to make the boys aware of this the best they can. V/R,CL