View Single Post
Old 06-15-22, 03:20 AM   #4751
Berneri
Swabbie

Downloads: 133
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I don't have a clue what you are quoting for the first two examples there. 80 meters equals roughly 250 feet.
Hi, first off, thanks for the mod, it’s great.

The first one, is from the new Narwhal cfg file, while the second is for the Fotrsu Narwhal. I thought that the spoiler HTML would identify it, apparently it does not.

What you write is interesting, because I recall being able to go deeper than 250 ft in a new Narwhal, (went to 350 ft - 400 ft without a hitch). Indeed, after changing that, I had damage occurring at around 520 ft, with destruction of the sub at around 560 - 580 ft for the Narwhal. Obviously, a Balao goes deeper before being destructed.

Anyway, I understand the rationale behind your settings, I was only surprised at first because the warning that pops up in the upper right corner of the screen when we go beyond test depth didn’t show up, so I went and saw that. And I had to ask.

Also, my post wasn’t intended as a critique or a complaint about realism or lack thereof with the game –or the mod–: it was only a question regarding this discrepancy.

Last edited by Berneri; 06-15-22 at 04:29 AM.
Berneri is offline   Reply With Quote