Old 03-03-21, 10:47 AM   #2819
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You fellers must have been posting while I was replying earlier... Anyway

I'll do me some tests off Guadalcanal in a few days. In the meantime, you should see regular runs of what the US called "The Cactus Express", aka: "The Tokyo Express", and what the IJN referred to as "Rat Transportation", running between Truk/Rabaul and the Shortlands, and then between there and Cape Esperence at the least, and sometimes down further, with occasional forays into Henderson Field bombardments. You should also see the major battle runs from both sides, though they never repeat the same way twice... I doubt if the Tulagi BooBoo has anything to do with the TaskForce, Solomons & other layers failing to run... Did you Save and exit anytime while in there?

Edit: I should qualify that torpedobait, with a "between late August 1942 and late December 1942 for the Tokyo Express, but throughout the Campaign for the Task Forces...
I do not recall saving and exiting during that game. I did take saves, but had no need to reload one of them until I finally gave up on seeing anything. In the past I have encountered all of the resupply forces you mentioned, especially around Cape Esperance. In previous versions of FOTRSU I found the group heading down the slot to combat the Allied forces waiting for just in front of Savo Island, but not this time. Zilch. Perhaps in some future career I'll try it again, but I don't want to stop where I am until we get a new release. I think it's my OCD kicking in that I hate to go backwards!

You have so much to do that I would not encourage you to spend any time on it until other things are done. It will move up in severity when others encounter it - otherwise it's just something in my doings, although I can't imagine what.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote