View Single Post
Old 05-19-22, 03:18 PM   #4619
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You can get similar messages when you are using a version of SH4 other than v1.5 Gold Edition, or the Uboat Missions Add-On... However, if you are Saving the game in port, and then loading that Save without having exited the game, that can do it also. Just exit the game, and try to load that Save, if it's not corrupted, that is... Let us know!
It's the same SH4 UBE version I've always used, downloaded afresh from the Steam account archive, and the only saves are the Autosave_OnEnteringBase and Autosave_OnLeavingBase. The latter loads, I arrange the crew, check for upgrades, accept the mission, a couple of splash screens appear, then all goes black, frozen cursor aside.

EDIT: I once again uninstalled SH4, deleted FOTRS, deleted the Documents Save folder, deleted all the downloaded FOTRS and ModPak files, rebooted, and then downloaded everything again, along with Nihon Kaigun and Nippon Maru. I created a new FOTRS folder, activated v1.7p3, mods 301, 302, 303, 399c2, 450, 525, and 803 followed by NK, NM, and the roster. Once I had changed the sound, graphics, and gameplay settings, I created a new career and started a Balao mission from Midway in 10/44 with similar results: one new screen loaded, then went black, then CTDed without any error messages. Any ideas?

Last edited by Mios 4Me; 05-19-22 at 08:43 PM.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote