View Single Post
Old 05-18-22, 08:37 PM   #4607
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Somewhere around this thread is a post I made with my procedure to ensure keeping the slots and keeping the guns... but someone pulled the plug eons ago, and the info has drained from the grey matter... sigh - it did involve doing a Save upon arrival back at base, prior to docking, somewhere in the green circle, before the red circle, and that was your fall back-on if all else failed once docked in port...

I do remember it involved Docking, then removing the crew members from the gun positions. Prior to leaving for the next patrol, do the gun change in-base on the equipment screen. Then go to the crew page and see if the crew slots followed the gun. If they did, fantastic, you are good to go. If they did not, go back to the equipment screen and back-off the gun change back to what you had. Exit the game, then re-start and try again. You want to be certain the slots are there before you depart. Once populating the new gun positions, you leave on patrol, and go outside the green circle around the home port and Save the game there. Exit the game, re-start and Load that Save. Now your crew should show when you go to battle stations.

If enountering issues with any of the above, consult "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" in the Support / HowTo folder in the modded game folder, or the mod folder. It gets more complicated the further you read, but it does point out how to fix and incompletely placed gun also, which is the easiest way to lose the crew member slots for the gun. It might look like it's there, but definitely compare Compartment 7 (Aft position) and Compartment 8 (fore position) for compliance with each other, and the notes in the pdf. Those "fixes" do involve Save file editing, so you'll need to know where your Save folder is, or PM us a link to your zipped Save folder data, and we'll try to square the knot and get you going.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote