View Single Post
Old 11-28-22, 03:18 PM   #5158
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The gun will probably have to be "fixed" by going into the Save folder and finding the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file with the "UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1.UnitPart.Compartment 2.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon" and change the date associated with it. You might also have to change the same thing in the UPCInitial folder. I am not certain of that. It would also fix itself - in theory - on August 1st... maybe. It would for certain work if you had a previous Save you could roll back to prior to the purchase, and change the Weapons.upc & UpgradePacks.upc files' Availability dates for the 40mm.

We have been doing testing since before the v1.8 release for items associated with conning tower upgrades, and sadly, the re-fits are fewer and farther between than free Tesla vehicles. I even did some testing in the Stock game a few weeks ago, with revised dating on the availability dates, as per Ducimus's "findings" of years ago... I never got one upgraded conning tower in Stock. However, I did manage to get a new Balao in August 1942... which of course, did not function very well... We have an idea, but it involves programming, which I'm not so certain we want to get into that, but... The game does the dice roll for the new boat first, apparently even if one is not available. Then it will do the dice roll for the new conning tower, but apparently at a lower percentage chance for a "hit". I have even Saved outside the harbor area, and re-loaded that Save a dozen times to come back in and try for a new conning tower... On a Gato, I succeeded one time in FotRSU going from #1 to #2 on the sixth try like that. It seems that something like a Salmon or Sargo does not stand a chance to get one, since there is always a new boat available...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote