View Single Post
Old 08-18-21, 07:19 AM   #3774
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Hursh View Post
I did find the helmsman shortly after making my post. I originally thought something might have messed up with the mod but if this is how they were historically supposed to be placed then great!

Makes sense that having ship formations exactly where they were at the exact time historically would make things a bit too easy if you know the dates and times etc. No complaints from me, I was just curious if I would run into them since I was patrolling in that area at the time of the Battle of Savo Island.

Enjoying the mod a lot though makes things feel a lot more immersive!
Most of the relatively major "battles" are there (as well as some minor ones), but might be slightly moved, or off-time, since the game is rather fluid in its interpretation of "time". There are attempts to show shelling of Buka and other locations, as well as the Battle of Empress Augusta bay, but they never "play" the same way twice. The game engine also might have a different outcome than in real life. The AI in the game does not differentiate between IJN night vision and the US lack thereof, nor the differences of radar much... the game tries, but... As for the helmsman and other crew members and where they are, notice the differences between the boats (Salmon versus Gato, etc), and between a surfaced boat and a submerged boat, as well as what happens when Battle Stations is called. But the main thing is to have fun!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote