View Single Post
Old 07-03-21, 10:03 AM   #3600
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post

Restarted the game and loaded the changed Save Game. All loaded fine, but alas, the added crew slots were not shown on the crew management page. Everything looks and seems to operate normally. Sigh.

I suppose I should not have deleted one of the two "AdditionalRepository" entries, but which one? I'll go back to the Saved Copy, reset it to be the original, and try deleting just one of them, starting with the 2nd one. I'll let you know. Thanks for your suggestions!

EDIT: i WENT BACK TO MAKE THE CHANGES AGAIN, AND THIS TIME I FOUND FOUR ENTRIES WITH THE "AdditionalRepository" PHRASE. ANY IDEA WHICH ONE(S) SHOULD BE DELETED?
your safest route is to do this while in-port.
making changes to your config during a mission is very, very risky. you may end up being unexpectedly transported to the land of CTD...very unexpectedly.

my suggestion is to live with the no-crew-on-the-flak-guns until you return to port.

next, what you experienced is a bug in the Ubi-SH4 design-and-code. just when we think we have modded around it, it returns.

next, there is no "right" or "wrong" crewman to enable (removing the additionalrepository). you need to remove at least one to be able to assign crew. i'll reply with a different post so that there will be less confusion.

good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote