View Single Post
Old 07-03-21, 08:16 AM   #3599
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post

i suspect that you need to edit your current mission file.
go to your savefolder area (data\cfg\SaveGames"NumberedFolder" and sort the Numbered folders by date. drill down on the most recent and look for the file named ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc.

select that file name. using your keyboard, do a Ctrl+c and then a Ctrl+v. this will make a copy of the file before you begin the changes.

use Notepad or a simple text editor to open the Activeuser file. browse through the file....touch nothing!!!!

look for the crewmembers for the 40 mm. you should see the phrase "AdditionalRepository" delete just those characters. save and close. that should fix your issue.
if it doesn't then there is something more serious afoot.
Ok, I went to Documents/SH4/Data/Cfg/savedgames and sorted by date to get the latest Save (from yesterday). I took the save while in the Makassar Strait midway through a mission.

I made a copy using Ctl-C and Ctl-V, then opened the "original" version, did a search for "AdditionalRepository" and found 2 of them. Not knowing which was which, I deleted BOTH of the phrases. Each was in a flak gun section.

Restarted the game and loaded the changed Save Game. All loaded fine, but alas, the added crew slots were not shown on the crew management page. Everything looks and seems to operate normally. Sigh.

I suppose I should not have deleted one of the two "AdditionalRepository" entries, but which one? I'll go back to the Saved Copy, reset it to be the original, and try deleting just one of them, starting with the 2nd one. I'll let you know. Thanks for your suggestions!

EDIT: i WENT BACK TO MAKE THE CHANGES AGAIN, AND THIS TIME I FOUND FOUR ENTRIES WITH THE "AdditionalRepository" PHRASE. ANY IDEA WHICH ONE(S) SHOULD BE DELETED?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 07-03-21 at 08:25 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote