View Single Post
Old 07-03-21, 07:42 AM   #3598
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Nothing is simple with this... First of all, did you purchase the gun early for renown points? Under "normal" circumstances, they are not available until after 1st June 1944. Second, if you did purchase, had you previously moved the deck gun (which really should not be a factor, but I do still worry about that). Thirdly, the UnitParts3Balao.upc is the game file that holds the AA guns & crew positions in the Data / UPCData / UPCUnitsData folder, while once the game is running, will be in the Save folder, data / cfg / SaveGames / "NumberedFolder" / ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file, where "NumberedFolder" is the most recent folder - which you might have two of, with one for the Captain's Office and the other for either the arrival or departure, dependent upon where you were when you Saved. You want to look for "UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1.UnitPart.Compartment 2.CrewMemberSlot " (there is a "1" and "2" position) and "Compartment 3", which would be your Aft and Fore AA gun positions. You may or may not find that "AdditionalRepository" phrase in your file(s). Look in that "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the Support / HowTo folder for the deck gun example, which should be relatively similar.
1. No, did not purchase early for renown. It was offered at no cost on arrival to new Forward Base at Manus Island - Arrival date there was MAY 24, 1944.
2. I did not change the deck gun position this time or since encountering the crew missing problem back several versions ago. It wasn't worth the work, so I take it where the game places it.
3. Will the file changes to incorporate the additional gunners be added to a future version? If I have to go through the somewhat complex process to do it myself I'd rather wait for it to appear in a mod (bless you modders!) or just do without as I have so far.
4. Thanks for all you do for us!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote