View Single Post
Old 05-25-17, 03:16 PM   #37
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
SSN is an arcade game anyways, but DW sure does man.
(upper left?)
Yeah, it does it for ownship like that, and maybe with truth on, but it doesn't do it for non-truth contacts. It just says "KASHIN" for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
SSN isn't as arcade as it looks. When you go up against the more capable enemies like Akulas and Kilos it can be very challenging. Its main shortcomings were the poorly done surface forces and helicopters which always felt like they didn't have time to complete those features.

In fact, I liked SSN so much and it did so much right that it is one of the major influences on Cold Waters; the others being Red Storm Rising and Fast Attack.

Also, the reason the designations are not there is because none of the sub games that influenced us had them, and so it never occured to us. We've also had to shorten the unit names anyway to fit our minimalist GUI, and I have about 10gb worth of UI concepts to not want to redesign it again.
I was going to ask if it was a question of redesigning things, and I can completely understand not wanting to open up a huge can of worms at the last second lol.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote