View Single Post
Old 05-25-17, 03:09 PM   #36
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
I played through the entire game and didn't find it to be mindless or arcade. Perhaps you can call it a lite sim.
That term fits rather well, yes!

Quote:
I'm all for suggestions, but you make it sound like this is some kind of dealbreaker which I find to be unjust.
Honestly, then you're reading things into my messages I never said.
Because what I said was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
I'm looking forward to your game either way and I'm sure it will be great.
And also mentioned multiple times that I do not care as long as it is moddable, which it is - so all good.

Quote:
Especially since we took care to have accurately formated radio messages and even the news updates are written in an authentic 80's style.
Interesting fact here.
When I saw screenshots showing what you just mentioned, I made the decision to buy it. The art-style is right on and I love details like the radio message NATO format etc. This is what makes games rich, in my opinion.
I just wonder why you bring it up. I didn't complain about any of that, didn't even mention it, nor did I say your game is arcadeish altogether.

My argument was just that not having the designations makes a modern naval game appear a little arcade (in that regard, not overall), as if it doesn't matter that your target is a SSN, FFG, or whatever - when this is of utmost importance.
Not sure if you see my point, but that's really it. Never said anything about deal breaking. Or it being a big deal in the first place.

Just something that caught my eye.