View Single Post
Old 05-02-18, 08:59 AM   #15
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

so just wanted to revisit this issue since spawning now seems to be working correctly in the campaign. From reading the manual and what I see in the game, where you spawn is heavily influenced by speed on the campaign map and of course, options. i.e., how far away you choose to spawn, in my case 25k yards/1:1 distance scale/realistic sensors.

On the campaign map, you can choose two travel speeds, transit/flank where your sub moves at 20 knots and patrol speed where your sub moves at 5 knots.

If you choose transit speed, you spawn close to the enemy, usually in the 5-15k yds range at 20 knots and 600 feet depth, assuming the ocean is deep enough of course. Obviously this puts you at a disadvantage since the chances that you will be immediately detected are increased and you have less opportunity to maneuver to a favorable attack position.

if you choose patrol speed or are stationary, you spawn at the correct distance, usually in the 20-25k yds range at 5 knots and 50 feet depth.

so this puts maneuvering on the campaign map at a premium so you spawn in a favorable position.