Old 04-19-07, 01:32 PM   #71
Mraah
Engineer

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace11
Ok, well I did a quick test..

I took the 1.2 fixed version from this thread and transposed all the setting values for the SD Early and Late from 1.1 into it using Minitweaker...

And, good news, it works again... So it is one of the settings they have changed not a node name or something tricky..

My guess would be the surface (which they increased) meaning the object has to be larger I think for it to be detected at all... They may have made it too large.. so small planes are not seen/??

Could be one of the other settings though not sure yet...

By the way I need to know if the SD Early and Late are the only radars involved in this... Am I right in thinking that none of the others are for detecting planes...?

Get back to you when I find out.. more testing required..

Jace11,

Cool that you're getting into the head banging aspect of understanding the UBI radar. Back when I was inspired by Ducimus' work I made some notes on my testing.

The SJ in this game will not detect aircraft. They use a MaxHeight of 80 (1.2) and 200 (1.1) . So far, the MaxHeight has to be at least 1000 to detect aircraft. I'm still testing, I'm thinking 300 before it detects an aircraft. In realworld, I read the SJ should pick up a/c but to screw with it also screws with the ships. So far, Ducimus' work on the SD is about the only thing that works to minimize ship detection.

Some notes below :

The Playing Field = 40,000m : This is my definition of the area that SH4 (SH3) uses to load the ships/aircraft. Basically, when you see the clock stop or slow down while you're cruising around or when it drops to a TC of 8x it means that something is within 40,000 meters. I called the clock slowdown "Instinct" or in Star Wars it would be "A disturbance in the Force" ... lol .

MaxRange : Establishes a base maximum compared to the Surface value.
Example using Surface=100 ;
1. MaxRange = 111,120 detected a Zero @ 31,900 m
2. MaxRange = 55,560 detected a Zero @ 21,100 m
3. MaxRange = 40,000 detected a Zero @ 14,600 m
In other word's, using a Surface=100 the Zero was detected at an average MaxRange of 65%.
Example using Surface=200 ;
1. MaxRange = 55,560 detected a Zero @ 14,600 m

I'm still testing and jotting down stuff. I have to goto work (real life always get's in the way!) so I'll continue later.
Mraah is offline   Reply With Quote