View Single Post
Old 01-31-09, 07:08 PM   #1
Gonzo588
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Distant Guns - Mouse Locking up Game

Let me know if anyone else has seen this. I have downloaded the demo version of Distant Guns so I can check it out. However, I found that once I am about a minute into the Ulsan demo scenario the game crashes to black screen when the mouse cursor touches a ship - I don't even have to click.

I do not believe this is a graphics issue, since it occurs identically at high settings and at bare minimum settings. It also happens identically on both my desk top computer and on my laptop. Interestingly, if I set both sides for computer player, I can run the scenario all the way to its conclusion - as long my mouse cursor never touches a ship.

I have no such problem with Jutland - only with Distant Guns. Jutland runs beautifully.

I would really like to buy this software (I think the campaign game looks fascinating), but I want to make sure it works before I do. If waiting for Distant Guns 1.5 to come out is the right answer, I can do that.

Let me know if you have seen this or if you have any ideas. I understand that Bullethead is supporting this forum - thank you very much - so let me know if you have heard of this.

My desk top computer is a Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz with 1.0 GB RAM. The video card is a Radeon X1600, if that helps.

Thanks.

PJ
Gonzo588 is offline   Reply With Quote