View Single Post
Old 07-24-17, 11:25 PM   #1242
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm not sure if keltos01 has any more tweaks to add, but I keep hitting brick walls trying to do the campaign, and have some "pretty" stuff. I keep having to go back to the KISS concept, so it's going to end up being more like a Fleet Boat campaign than a "true" IJN one, in order to get a beta out. Same stuff that Peabody kept running into basically. If we manage to get a couple "hard and fast" rules of the engine bent to our will, we'll change up a little. For now, I'm still working on mission files for individual boats early in the war, where they were somewhat "specialized" in what they did. Later on, after the Guadalcanal time frame, they were more "jack of all trades" type boats, doing lots of "delivery" missions, with the navy still wanting to build those fanciful specialized boats... The Sen Taka should have been prioritized... Did you know that a small version of that boat was first "beta tested" in 1938, but they basically sat on it until late 1942?...
Interesting. What brick walls are you referencing? Changing campaign around to not focus on merchant shipping but warships or?

I was not aware of the smaller version of sen tokus. I did watch a documentary recently that discussed how resources were diverted away, which lead to their slow construction.

They really would have been a weapon of terror on the US if had been completed.If the strike on the Panama Canal happened and was successful, would've been a major problem.

Look forward to the challenge of evading allied ASW. I recall a post long ago in the mod threat involving air dropped homing torpedoes. Was this ever implemented into the IJN mod?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote