View Single Post
Old 12-03-23, 06:22 PM   #12
EAST
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
date Devlog 12.03.2023

Been an interesting time learning security technology. My first implementation worked, but had a guy try to break it for me...np. Broke it in 5 minutes. Showed me what i had missed...refactoring time.

The good news is, on the second hack test he couldn't get anything!

So now back to where I was (more or less) with the last update, but with a fully secure login system. Can deliver lists of who's online, track last logins, etc.

Now I'm working on the registration portion. This is going much faster now that I know what I was doing wrong before. Even though the engine doesn't have DB connectivity, this method is pretty cool - all local to the db with no outside access.

During the period of intense frustration after the first hacks worked so well I went back to doing some work on the graphics side. Everything is looking pretty good - the ocean isn't Sea of Thieves ocean, but it looks pretty good. Taking some tricks that I learned working on Enigma I have my first bouyancy shader working...well mostly.

The models however...oi, ugly. I keep starting to learn Blender, but it's such slow going I'm not sure I could model a ship or sub as fast as they could physically design/build/outfit & launch one in real life. My hope is that maybe some of you uber talented people in the community might want to pitch in on the model side...?

Right now I've got some free (unanimated) models in game, but....not awesome.

Also watched a movie called The Last Sentinel (real "B" movie) that had an interesting concept for justifying the state of the world in the film....I'm going to examine how that would work with what I'm planning. It may also help moderate the expectations regarding historicall accurate Sim details. I imagine doing all the things you'd have to do to in a sub or ship, but in a degrading post-apocalyptic world. You'll still have to know tactics and equipment functions, but technology advances would be almost non-existent. Weigh in if you have an opinion.

Ok, back to work.