View Single Post
Old 02-14-22, 03:13 PM   #6
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagura View Post
I changed the mods accordingly but the views are the same (maybe as they are supposed to be) and the chronometer is still missing (although clickable with the ticking starting after click.)

Activated mods list this time:
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 - Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
WYGM
Supplement to V16B1

I do not have the subsim post at hand, but the mod order I posted earlier was based on one I believe Stiebler was using and had posted some time ago (could be quite old.) I will possibly try to find that post later.

P.S. I occasionally get crash-to-desktop when loading the main menu, and very rarely when initializing the game world. Maybe there is a small chance I did some of the SH3.exe patching or something incorrectly, or something went wrong with it for some other reason. The game seems to work just fine when it does not get those crashes in the beginning though.

Please do tell more if you like! I am interested.
Thanks also to Mad Mardigan and Mister_M for your answers!

Almost everytime one has the problems you're describing, it is because of conflicts/overwriting with the menu_1024_768.ini file. It is what controls a large part of what you see in the game and where on the screen it is.

If when activating your mods you notice it being written over, that needs to be looked at.
As said earlier, I can guarantee you that the Hitman's Optics and WYGM mods conflict with each other, i.e.
A good test you can do is apply each mod ONE AT A TIME, starting and trying the game each time.
When the problems you list start, that tells you what mod is the problem.