View Single Post
Old 02-14-22, 01:15 PM   #4
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagura View Post
Also, my limited testing suggests that ships on the horizon are not as hull-down as they should be sometimes; multiple times I have seen far-away ships "floating in the air" a little above the water. I know from forum posts here and the documentation provided with the mods that this should have been fixed already, but have also read that there might still be something that causes the ships to float like this. Is there a simple way to edit this? I have read something about modifying EarthRadius in scene.dat to adjust this, but am uncertain about how it works.
The Earth is flat in SH3 (the 3D terrain is the same as the navigation map). The ships on the horizon are not floating in the air. It is an optic illusion created by the fact that the fog's color is the same as the sky, so the water is hidden by fog and you think that it's the sky...

Environmental aspect is very limited in SH3, and very few can be done to correct this... You could change the fog's color, the fog 3D model, and/or the fog distance on sea parameters... A lot of testings (trials & errors) are needed to find a result which will always have drawbacks...
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote