View Single Post
Old 02-14-22, 10:25 AM   #1
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
gear NYGM - Chronometer not visible (but working) & a few other things

**EDIT: Solved - Optics/widescreen mods were causing scaling issues etc.**

Hello, sorry if this has already been discussed in the sticky or elsewhere, but I did try to search for the answer for a good while before posting this.

I am a new NYGM player and noticed that the chronometer, which is available in the UZO and periscope views, is not visible. I can only see a light-colored blob which I can only assume is supposed to be the reflection of the watch. When I click on the correct area near that blob I can hear the chronometer start ticking and I can similarly click it again to stop it. Sometimes I am able to move that blob around, which is probably moving the entire chronometer.

On top of this I am unsure whether or not what I see on screen is in the correct aspect and size. The dials and text boxes at the bottom seem small. And e.g. the UZO view is not centered (I understand it might not be possible to do so.)

Also, my limited testing suggests that ships on the horizon are not as hull-down as they should be sometimes; multiple times I have seen far-away ships "floating in the air" a little above the water. I know from forum posts here and the documentation provided with the mods that this should have been fixed already, but have also read that there might still be something that causes the ships to float like this. Is there a simple way to edit this? I have read something about modifying EarthRadius in scene.dat to adjust this, but am uncertain about how it works.

My JSGME activated mods:
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 - Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
Supplement to V16B1 (I am using h.sie & Stiebler's fixes)
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
WYGM

Any ideas on how to make the chronometer fully visible, and whether or not what I am seeing on-screen seems to be correct in terms of size/visibility? What about the ships on the horizon floating?

Bonus question #1: while I was doing the installations of the mods for the first time, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Model effects option found in SH3Commander for malfunctions/sabotage does not work with NYGM. Try as I might I have not found the document/post saying so again. Any confirmation about it working or not? As far as I know, Use fatigue model, Adjust water clarity & Randomise ship tonnage should not be used and the deck gun reload times should be set to 15 seconds.

Bonus #2: you may also give suggestions for mods and settings to play with in NYGM; I am a SH5 Wolves of Steel player, and am very new to NYGM. My PC is not outdated, so visuals and such should be fine to suggest too, e.g. was considering looking into SH5 Water for SH3.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by yagura; 02-14-22 at 04:53 PM. Reason: edited to notify any new readers that the issue has been solved
yagura is offline   Reply With Quote