Old 12-28-20, 09:24 AM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
I was doing some shopping on Amazon just now and found this:

Zataran's Caribbean Rice mix is awesome but it hasn't been available for a while, at least not locally.
While its sold as a side dish, it makes an outstanding full meal if you add to it. Such as..

I start a couple of cups of water boiling in a pan and then cube a raw, skinless/boneless large chicken breast. The chicken gets added to a hot oiled skillet with a dash of salt and a liberal amount of Tabasco sauce (about 6 shakes). While the chicken cubes are frying, add the rice mix to the boiling water. On the package directions, when you are told to reduce heat to a simmer, also add the fried chicken cubes and stir well.

Just before the rice is finished cooking, add about 1 tablespoon of sour cream (for non-north americans, sour cream is the dense, milk-based putty you serve on a baked potato, plain yogurt might also work but I haven't tried it yet).

And that's it. Serve in a bowl like chilli.

Makes a great cold-weather dinner but is also a quick dinner for any time of the year.
Here in the UK, Uncle Ben's varieties are quite popular https://www.unclebens.com/rice-products/all

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote