View Single Post
Old 03-08-24, 04:25 PM   #10
ErdiFerenc
Young fox with old tricks

Downloads: 186
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
That is correct. I still consider them as accurate to the time as the first sea trials and crew training started in 1944 so it isn‘t unrealistic having them in action in 1945.
Also they are so revolutionary that I want them to be completely accessible and walkable. That was the starting point of this project, everything else evolves from that.
Hi there!

I am rooting for your project, cause I really like the XXI, because it was so far ahead of it's time.
Though for a single person to simulate the whole thing, even if we ignore the amount of research it would require, it would be a very long and challenging project that requires tons of discipline, which I don't doubt you have. This forum already proved to me that there are people with tremendous amounts of discipline, see the Wolves of the Kaiser project.

What I think is that you should drop the idea of 100% realism, at least regarding the end of war in May 1945. I am a fan of realism as well, but compormises have to be made in order to make a game/simulation playable and enjoyable. See DCS that you mentioned above. Most of the modules, especially the modern ones never took part in any real conflict, but nobody would say DCS is not realistic.

What I would do in your place is to either move release of the type XXI to 1943 or so, or to delay the end of the war with a few years.

But it is just suggestion, you know your thing.

Good luck with it!