ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
1. Do not rush

Markus
Preach it, my brother.

Build the special effects stuff first as a "prototype" to make sure it will work and that you like the effect before you commit to adding it to your kit.

I'm convinced most of those YouTube models only have to last until they upload the video. Besides, its not like the good old days when all you had to do was go to a hobby store or dept. store and find stacks of this kit on the shelf.

Oh, before I forget. If you plan to build it with a couple of tubes open, but not launched, the tube caps look really good painted in an old Mopar color called "(Go) Man,go" orange. You could also paint them a plastic-looking industrial blue. The black paint is also easy, if you can find it. I swear by "black chrome trim" paint. Just the right amount of matte and gloss but remember to add some contrast to areas like non-skid. If you REALLY want to go crazy, find some photo etch to add hood pins to a 1/24th-25th car kit. The "plate" that gets attached to the hood of the car makes a great stand-in for main and aux sea water inlets and outlets.

Good luck and steady fingers.

Last edited by ET2SN; 04-15-22 at 06:37 PM.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote