View Single Post
Old 01-17-19, 10:23 PM   #4
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370
Uploads: 0

Hi Markus

I think I can clear this up for you the short answer is no

The Setup you describe is used a lot with HP Hewlett Packard and Lenovo Laptops + a few others , from what you say I think it''s reasonable to assume you only have 1 true Graphics card that will be your AMD Radeon R7 m360

The Radeon R5 is not a really a Graphics card it is a chip either built in your processor or on the Motherboard itself. I'd have to check the specs. AMD call them APU's (accelerated processing units)

As you have a AMD Radeon R7 Graphics card (GPU) this is a dedicated card doing all the work ( Gaming Video encoding etc ) it also has 2 GB of Video Memory (VRAM) allowing for higher Graphics settings in game

The Radeon R5 which comes with your CPU is effectively doing next to nothing they are often referred to as onboard or integrated Graphics you can just about play some games on very low settings with them but in general they perform poorly compared to a proper Graphics card.

If you removed your R7 GPU your PC would switch to using the R5 chip it would still work but it would run like a slug with Gaming in Comparison to a Dedicated Graphics card

If you ever need to confirm what you have you could do this by opening your Device Manager and look under Display adaptors

As far a Drivers are concerned never use utilities that promise to update all your drivers you will just end up with outdated versions and possibly corruptions and even wrong drivers installed and they can sometimes be difficult to remove and fix ( Also BSOD Bluescreens )

Always go to Manufacturers website. As far as Your Graphics card is concerned go to https://www.amd.com/en/support they have an Auto Detect tool which should help

When you say you have 4 x AMD A8 -7410 APU With AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. I think you mean you have 1 CPU with 4 Cores or X4 could be fix rate

The way AMD seem to denote their GPU's and Intigrated Graphics with both R4 R5,6,7's for both I found confusing and glad to have Intel for that alone

None of helps your Bluescreen Problem are you still getting it ? Sometimes they can crop up totally unexpectedly and go away just as mysteriously drivers are often culprits so I hope your fixed up there

Simon