View Single Post
Old 11-07-21, 03:20 AM   #27
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

bullhorn Update

I have added the option to the sky chart to display all 1,535 stars in the basic FK5 catalogue (see screenshot, below). As with the navigational stars, corrections for proper motion have been included. There is a check-box below the chart to show or hide them. These will not be selectable in the almanac or sight reduction calculator. But if you hover your mouse over them, the calculated azimuth and altitude will be displayed. So, they can be used for navigation in a pinch ... you'll just have to plot the LOPs manually. Maybe I will change this in the future.

I have also tweaked the map alignment. Waypoints shouldn't be plotted off the edge of the map anymore [mostly], and the waypoints, DR and fix should be plotted a bit more accurately. (Although at this scale I admit it's hard to see the difference.)

As always, the new version is available in the downloads section. Cheers!

v 0.3.3 - 2021, Nov 7

• Added the option to the sky chart to display all 1,535 stars in the basic FK5 catalogue. (This increased the size of the spreadsheet from 2.5MB to 3.7MB.)
  • Tip: You can hover your mouse over any star to see its calculated azimuth and altitude.
  • Fixed a bug causing the almanac date and time to change when using the data series or rise/set calculators. (Almanac date and time will still change when using the sight reduction tab.)
  • Improved map alignment. Waypoints and DR/Fix will now be plotted more accurately.
  • Minor formatting changes.

Last edited by Sean C; 11-07-21 at 06:01 AM.
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote