View Single Post
Old 01-07-16, 08:01 PM   #58
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I downloaded the V1.3 patch for my SH1 V1.00.
I unzipped it.
Went to install it and guess what came up???
That damn Window 7 compatibility 64-bit/32-bit crap again.

It just won't let me get in to install.
Wish there was some way of disabling this Windows 7 compatibility pop up box....so I could just install straight and forward without interference.

Then there is the sound issue.
I'm looking at the instruction sheet and files, I really don't know how to setup the default settings to get sound in the game.
My old Windows XP has a Sound Blaster card in it and was much easier to setup.
But this Realtek HD Audio card, I don't know. There isn't much information as to what setup it requires.

For now I am totally frustrated in trying. I know it's only a minor problem that could be solved at the click of a button, but when a Windows program is telling you what programs you can install or not, then there is a limit to it.
I would like to go back to my old WINDOWS XP...it was USER FRIENDLY.
Regarding the bolded text in your post Quote above, install to a folder other than:
Program Files or Program Files (x86). (same with SH4 & Pacific Aces) Complications arise if you install games to Program Files or Program Files (x86).

For SH V1.0 you need to install the V1.3 patch that upgrades Silent Hunter (V1.0, V1.01, V1.11 or V1.2) to V1.3. Then the V1.31 patch that upgrades Silent Hunter to SHCE. ( I have the Commanders Edition so I didn't need to patch)

Make a folder called 'My Games' and install it there. I called mine 'GAMES'. The path is C:\GAMES\SILENT

You can make a Virtual drive in Win 7 and install XP on it according to some posts I've read. I haven't used that method.

The SH1.3 and SH1.31 patches are here at Subsim:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...?do=file&id=58
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...?do=file&id=59

Edited to clarify the versions necessary to update SH v1.0 to SH v1.31 - (not necessary if you have the Commanders Edition) and add the download links.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 11-21-16 at 02:14 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote