View Single Post
Old 08-09-11, 10:36 PM   #11
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

I still have this game and still play it now and then, it was my second combat flight sim that I bought(the first happend to be Red Baron 3D). The things that I liked about the game was the fact that you could pick what squadron to fly in, what bomber you be assigned to, and what part of the crew you would be.

Normally I would alway be the bombadier of the lead bomber so I could pick the targets, bomb loads, ect. Other things that I liked about the game where things such as crew management, raido chatter between the bomber crew members and to other bombers in the group, the ablity to switch postions with-in the bomber(both physiclly and just clicking on a crew member to play as them while still in the mission), gun jamming, running out of ammo, giving basic medial treatment to a wounded crew member, the list goes on and on.

I think my best and worst memory that I gave of this game was during a fighter attack my rear gunner was badly wounded so-much-so that basic medical treatment was ineffective so I had to spend 4-5 hours in real time listening to a dying crewmen moaning and groaning in the back of my B-17. I couldn't play the game for a week afterwards becasue of this.