View Single Post
Old 08-07-10, 07:02 AM   #69
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

I fail to see how anyone can say what "is" or "is not" realistic. There has been no war to test out the weapons for 'real'. So, all we have are best guesses. That is why I never say that someone else's ideas are realistic or not.

I have told you the basis upon which we established the PoK values. If you disagree, you can modify them to something would make you happier. The is simply no way anyone can say if 20 Harpoons against a Sovremennyy is proper or not.

Also, SA-N-4, SA-N-6, and SA-N-7 are allowed by the game to engage sea-skimming missiles and there is nothing that a database editor can do about it. All missiles can engage sea-skimmers. I don't like it or agree with it, either, but I'm not able to control it via changes within the database (at this time).

The only thing a database editor has control over is a data flag that determines whether or not a particular weapon is 'more capable' vs. sea-skimmers or not. When that flag is enable, the missile can engage sea-skimmers without penalty. Otherwise, all SAMs are capable of engaging sea-skimmers.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote