View Single Post
Old 04-20-23, 09:06 AM   #7
sortofredhead
Bosun

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i have experienced that CTD at various times playing TMO_BH.
we can be out on patrol, sink some ships and then at the next torpedo opportunity, BLAM, CTD.

it is ship independent and, as far as i remember, torpedo independent.

then there is the depth charge CTD, which is also specious. sometimes, you can endure a depth charge attack and other times, BLAM, CTD.

there are some issues with the current release.
i am waiting for BH to update his mod with a new release before i go back in that water.
Since I have started saving games and then exiting SH4 to then go back in and load the saved game, I have experienced far fewer CTD issues (when saving the game it cannot be at a point of a lot of action though). But with this detroyer CTD when attacking them (the CTD almost always happens right at the very moment upon a torpedo that is NOT a dud hitting the destroyer) I have found something interesting.

Usually I have a saved game upon making a contact. I am running TMO BH at regular play setting so the event camera in the game is active. After a destroyer attack CTD, if I restart SH4, go into gameplay settings (BEFORE loading saved game) and turn off Event Camera, then reload the last saved game and attack, I do not get the CTD. Just a note here, if you FIRST reload the saved game and THEN go into options, there is no gameplay setting to change anything. So even though I have turned off the event camera PRIOR to reloading the saved game, the event camera is still on in the saved game, but the CTD doesn't happen. Weird. So far this has been the case only 2 times that I have done this btw, so it is far from being "the fix" to this issue.

Also, have experienced a few of the destroyer depth charge CTD's. It appears to me to be when a particular depth charge will lead to my subs total demise.
sortofredhead is offline   Reply With Quote