View Single Post
Old 03-24-21, 09:46 PM   #2951
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 535
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It was re-worked for v1.39 and has been through multiple tests here, and all functions, including the ST, which works in conjunction with the SJ. It is not nearly as "forgiving" as the Balao, if it comes early though, and is definitely more prone to issues, including in TMO, which is where the one in FotRSU came from. We desire to find the time to re-work ETR3(SS)'s Tench Class for inclusion with FotRSU someday, as well as a couple of other subs, and some AI units, but alas, "time" keeps on ticking ticking ticking...or was that "slipping"??... into the future...
ST radar...that would be most welcome! If memory serves, ST was a problem due to being hard coded. I guess you might have found away around that.

I haven't posted much for the last few weeks. I took the plunge and installed 1.39 with Nippon Maru. I've avoided the know issues, transfers and what not. I have 2 campaigns going right now. One with Gato and the other a Balao. The Gato is sailing out of Freemantle and the Balao is out of Midway, both in 1943. I have discovered that the IJN DD's and aircraft are very aggressive! The worse thing you can do is let a wounded freighter sail away. Their radios work. I was stuck in area 7 for 4 days due to staying submerged in the day time and charging batts at night, repairing depth charge damage. I had long range aircraft searching for me as well as a DE. Finally made it out with only light damage.

Another discovery: most of the larger freighters are armed with cannon/auto cannon and the crews tend to be accurate! A running gun battle is tantamount to suicide The AI of 1.39 is challenging and exciting....BZ

I am split between RFB and TWoS besides FotRSU. I am also doing a revision of the Ship Length table. It will include all the 'Maru's', mast height, draft and mast-funnel-kingpost configuration. I find searching a table is much easier than flipping through the book. I have entertained adding silhouettes . Still thinking about it.

If I run across any bugs not listed, I will report. Overall, 1.39 is a bit rough, but a great rev. all in all.

PB- Thanks for the hash sum.