View Single Post
Old 05-28-22, 01:22 PM   #120
Xerxes
Eejit's Mate Second Class

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I dont get little children and AR guns, rifles of any kind, firearms, together.

C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N.

Thats why.

Its not about them turning into murderous psychopaths, its about fostering a culture of weapons and spreading a religion of weapons that focusses on weapons - and then wonders why the result is a culture that has bigger problems with non-violent problem-solving and has more school shootings and more amok runs and more drastic violent crime and more kills from firearms than any other civilised Western country including Japan, Korea, and the likes.

When there are more weapons in a country per head than there are citizen or in many civil war countries, (1.2 or 1.4 firearms per American head), then there is a message in that.

A culture of violence and weapon fetishism will give birth no nothign else than always more weapons, violence, and fixiation on both, and evertyhing else in that cutlure - media, arts, individual focus - will submit to that. Accordingly even prisons become an ordinary business industry, and prisoners get produced and keep the industry economically healthy. Its a different symptomn - but of the one and the same great complex of this topic: violence and weapons.

And thats what we see, and thats what already Michale Moore so very correctly analysed back then. A climate of fear that elads tro a fixiationto get security by endlessly repeatign the emdia loops and getting security by weapons. Weapons onyl cure the imminent symptom, not the underlaying cause of excessive violence and crime rates.

Ten year old with AR rifles, even just normal pistols. Sorry, that is perverse, obscene, and the only thing rude here is the image of a ten year old with these weapons in his hands. Because at that age nobody should hold fnctional firerarms like that, but play with toy cvars, puppets, or with the kids on the playground.

C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N.

Not little adults in tiny bodies.

But okay, its your cult of frequent, regular human sacrificing. Enjoy. The Aztecs sacrificed their prisoners, you sacrifice your own beloved ones. Everyone to his liking. One reaps what one sows.

I'll point something out: our country also has major drug issues, with tons of OD deaths every year, more ODs than gun deaths.

They're both issues, and both need to be resolved. The issue is, I don't see anyone saying that we have a drug culture. Get off your high horse, and propose real ideas to fix the problems. Ideas that work.