View Single Post
Old 05-28-22, 09:52 AM   #113
Xerxes
Eejit's Mate Second Class

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A cultural problemn. A culture of violence, and people, get accustomed to it form childhood on.

Sweden and Switzerland have high rates of gun ownership, too. Nobody mentions their weekly school shooting events. Nor their high rate of gun-violence. Australia tightened its laws drastically some years ago - and their gun violence rates took a dive. Sorry, or it was Canada, maybe I mix it up, but I think it was Australia.

Nothing wrong in taking the junior age 15 or so and train him on the range with an air rifle, and some years later on that farm a small callibre hunting rifle, and like Neal said, at even higher age - 28, 30 or so - a pistol or whatever for self defence. I once was strictly against guns, but I have u-turned on that extreme position many years ago already,anmd if laws would allow me in germany I would own one myself. I am not against owning guns. But i am against the excessive, almost religious glorification cult around guns. And AR rifles in the hands of ten year olds. That is a no-go, that is NEVER NO MATTER. That is obscene. I have no tolerance for this abuse. Yopu form not just one midn by this, but youj form a whole national mentality, cultural public climate.

When Trump dripped his verbal poison on the NRA convention recently, you can bet that no guns were allowed, not even Swiss pocket knifes. So much for the double standards. And the same Texas senator demanding better mental checks for gun owners has cut funding for according health care I read and funnelled it into border fences or somethign related to that. Double talk. Last but not least, for the industry the second ammendment plays no role here, they may pose as saints and defenders of liberty and all that paroles and hiogwash but what they really are is: greedy for ever more profits. To hell with dead children, who cares? To hell with shooting incidents, who cares? Lets make moneymoneymoney. That and only that it is about.

In the end what it comes down to is a weapon fetish for the sake of the weapon itself, a cult of firearms, a culture born from violence, breeding ever more violence and thus having nothing else to expect from the future than violence. You get the hell from it that you have made yourself. You reap what you sow. Enjoy.

Damn. Australia had low gun violence rates to begin with, when they banned guns, the numbers barely changed. We never mention any of the south american countries with mass killings, or the middle eastern countries with mass killings.

I want to have a civil conversation here, you don't need to be so rude, chill.