View Single Post
Old 09-03-10, 07:56 PM   #25
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konovalov View Post
No, those wattages that you posted are actually info settings on parts of your motherboard relating to voltage of things like northbridge, southbridge and CPU voltages. These have nothing really to do with your power supply (PSU). You will have to physically look at the PSU in your machine to find it's specs and check out the cabling on it. Otherwise you may have a gateway manual that also provide these specs or you could try searching the gateway website with the model number of your machine and that may also tell you. Personally I would simply examine the PSU and write that stuff down and also check the cabling if you can such as what type of spare plugs there are.

You want to spend 100-150 what? Pounds, US dollars. What currency/country are we talking about?

Can anyone chime in as to what is a decent GPU card for SHV as I must admit that I still haven't purchased SHV. I'm still waiting for it to go in the bargain bin price category.
dollars of course. and how am i ever going to manually look at it. i think ill try the website.

Edit: i have a GX 4200-09 Series. It says info on models may vary, and it gave 3 numbers.

300 W/400 W/500 W

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison

Last edited by CaptainMattJ.; 09-03-10 at 08:37 PM.
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote