View Single Post
Old 03-27-24, 06:21 AM   #338
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

^ I play with Bundeswehr balls. They have seekerheads to bust every bunker they find.
The old course at St. Andrews has some bunkers like this one, too, but I do not have that course. The bunker in the picture is at the fantasy course "Castle Links":

-------------------
Meanwhile, my second objective has been accomplished as well, much earlier than expected.

I have played once all 15 courses I own and play (2 default courses I dont like and never play, they are fanatsy, years old and boring, and 2 DLC courses I did not buy since they mean nothing to me). The game gives me a modified handicap of 18.7 now. Modified means that settings like wind (I play at medium of three settings, and at coastal reserves at strongest setting), pin height (medium of three levels), speed of the greens (second-fastest of four settings), and tee choosen (always the back tee) have an altering effect on the calculation, the scoring gets bonusses for increased difficulty. In normal life, such bonusses are given only for choosen tee, since wind, speed and pin cannot be standardized in reality like you can in computer formulas. In real life they would calculate with the 8 best rounds you did in your last 20 rounds (40%), so does the game once you have had the minimum of 20 rounds, so far I played just 15 rounds on Pro, (over 60 on Amateur), of which the game scored the best 5 rounds so far (33%) . Five more rounds and the first full scoring will be complete.

I play every day, 18 holes, and sometimes additionally one or two battles and practices. I'm getting better and better, slowly but constantly - expect if it is one of those days, you know... .

Currently editing a small video on the one free default course that I sometimes play, and that comes free with the game: Castle Links.

Over 90% of my VR time and over half of my total computer time gets spend on golf now.

Next objectives: to stabilize my scoring with a full handicap score from 20 rounds, and to bring the handicap further down to at least the 13 I had on Amateur level (where it was easier to accomplish).

Honesty demands to admit that I tell just half of the truth. If I would manually pick the six best rounds and would not weigh in any diffculty setting (not even chosen tees like in reality is scored) but just take the numbers as they are, my handicap would be 26.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-27-24 at 06:55 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote