Old 04-27-22, 11:46 AM   #60
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
look at his undersea.dat.
rocks are above sea floor level in that!

I don't just make this crap up you know.
If you are referring to my comment on the screen grab, I was referring to the phenomenon where if the camera is below the floor, but looking across a "valley" at another stretch of sea floor, it can look like that. This is not the best screen grab for illustration, since I do not have a deep enough valley close enough to be fully visible, but you can somewhat see the sea floor a bit in the distance

That was grabbed while beneath the sea floor terrain line, of course. Moving up in "elevation" just a pinch, and it looks like

Too much murkiness in the PH harbor area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astvitaliy1982 View Post
The problem has been fixed) These are different pixels in neighboring squares.
I figured out why they were there.
Let's say we are building a new lake on a piece of land that consists of three horizontal squares 1,2,3.

It is in this sequence that they should be inserted into the game. If you put them 1, 3 and then 2, then squares 1 and 3
copy into their data a section of square 2, which at that moment is still land. And because of this appears
this error.

In my case, I put 1 and 3 squares because 2 was not ready yet. Now it's fixed)

A classic mistake with a classic solution... I'm going to hang myself...)))
I do not understand where the problem comes in there with that work sequence astvitaliy1982, unless you are re-assembling the BFD/BFI yourself. If putting ZHF files and folders in the Terrain / Data folder, the game should re-assemble things properly, and only run into that issue if you edit within the 6-pixel border areas of adjacent squares, and don't match the edits in the neighboring square. ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote